Old 06-12-2005, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
landscapeadvice

Default gates.

are we allowed to put items for sale on this disscussion group? steve

Old 06-12-2005, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

landscapeadvice wrote:
are we allowed to put items for sale on this disscussion group? steve

Yes, provided they are related to gardening and the subject is clearly
marked as AD or ADVERT, it may be a pointer towards a website or catalogue
and can be no longer than four lines, this is only allowed once every three
months.

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Old 06-12-2005, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider

landscapeadvice wrote in message
oups.com...
are we allowed to put items for sale on this disscussion group? steve

It's a moot point. Advertising isn't allowed. I'm sure someone will pop up
and give a better definition.
Spider

Old 06-12-2005, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"Spider" wrote in message

landscapeadvice wrote in message
oups.com...
are we allowed to put items for sale on this disscussion group? steve

It's a moot point. Advertising isn't allowed. I'm sure someone will pop

up
and give a better definition.
Spider

Enter plenty of discussions and make sure your advert is in the signature in
the form of your web site, but no more than 4 lines :-)) Just take note of
examples.

Mike
The truth will prevail

Old 06-12-2005, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
landscapeadvice

ADVERT to Readers.
I have 2 gates that are treated softwood fitted with gulvaniized gate
furniture and are pedestian size the overall entrance size excluding
the posts is 6ft as the gates are 36 inches each.They stand 48 inches
high. These are secound hand and are surplus to requirements.I have
had them for two years.They are 5 bar and are little used. I live in
the Bristol area and am willing to photo them and send e-mails to
interested parties. I need some one to make me a sensible offer.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"landscapeadvice" wrote in message
oups.com...
ADVERT to Readers.

I have 2 gates that are treated softwood fitted with gulvaniized gate
furniture and are pedestian size the overall entrance size excluding
the posts is 6ft as the gates are 36 inches each.They stand 48 inches
high. These are secound hand and are surplus to requirements.I have
had them for two years.They are 5 bar and are little used. I live in
the Bristol area and am willing to photo them and send e-mails to
interested parties. I need some one to make me a sensible offer.

Without wishing to appear unduly facetious, this NewsGroup attracts
contributions and readers not only from throughout the U.K including
the Highlands and Islands, but from abroad.

Presumably the cost of postage or carriage on a pair of gates would
negate any price advantage any purchaser would obtain by buying from
you on a NewsGroup. Certainly when compared with what they would have
to pay at a local garden centre.

These items would seem to require local pickup. Or personal delivery
for a small charge perhaps. For which a small ad in a local paper or
Bristol free sheet if such exists, would seem the most the most suitable
medium. Or maybe a local Bristol South West Newsgroup - if such exists.

For similar reasons I doubt if eBay would be of much use to you.

michael adams

Old 06-12-2005, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

landscapeadvice wrote in message
oups.com...
are we allowed to put items for sale on this disscussion group? steve

It's a moot point. Advertising isn't allowed.

Please don't post misleading information. The charter of this group
(easy websearch) explains exactly what advertising is permitted, and
when and how.

Janet
Old 07-12-2005, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Please don't post misleading information. The charter of this group
(easy websearch) explains exactly what advertising is permitted, and
when and how.

Please don't be so rude. You've misquoted Spider's post. She said 'I'm
sure someone will pop up and give a better definition'.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Please don't post misleading information. The charter of this group
(easy websearch) explains exactly what advertising is permitted, and
when and how.

Please don't be so rude. You've misquoted Spider's post. She said 'I'm
sure someone will pop up and give a better definition'.

Don't bother with her either :-((

Old 09-12-2005, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider

La puce wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Please don't post misleading information. The charter of this group
(easy websearch) explains exactly what advertising is permitted, and
when and how.

Please don't be so rude. You've misquoted Spider's post. She said 'I'm
sure someone will pop up and give a better definition'.

Thanks, La Puce, for politely intervening for me. I have been busy having a
migraine, or I would have responded to you and Janet sooner. Obviously, I
didn't intend to mislead, hence my subtle declaimer. Janet, I'm sure, meant
well. I hope she will forgive me if I say she has a habit of .. er ..
coming to the point :-). Many of us do that and, indeed, there are worse
crimes.

To err is human; to forgive,divine.
Spider

Old 09-12-2005, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , Spider
writes
Obviously, I
didn't intend to mislead, hence my subtle declaimer. Janet, I'm sure, meant
well. I hope she will forgive me if I say she has a habit of .. er ..
coming to the point :-). Many of us do that and, indeed, there are worse
crimes.

Janet is a plain speaker and I for one respect that - she certainly does
come to the point but with her I know exactly where I stand and I know,
for a certainty, she would never mis-quote me nor would she ever infer a
half-truth which in my book, is the same as lying.

To err is human; to forgive,divine.

She certainly does that too, as I found out when I was new to urg, I
made the most stupid remarks, I did the most stupid things (yes, I still
do) and she never berated me but only helped with good advice - I think
if we, as posters, ask advice, then we should gracefully take that
advice and not seek to be smart with the person giving the advice, after
all, Janet and many others like her; go to the trouble of imparting
their skills in gardening by replying to the postings and I am so
grateful to them that they do. Keep up the good work and in particular
Janet and Sacha, Kay and Jane and all of you who have given me sound
advice too numerous to mention.

--
Judith Lea
Old 09-12-2005, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 9/12/05 15:28, in article ,
"Spider" wrote:

La puce wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Please don't post misleading information. The charter of this group
(easy websearch) explains exactly what advertising is permitted, and
when and how.

Please don't be so rude. You've misquoted Spider's post. She said 'I'm
sure someone will pop up and give a better definition'.

Thanks, La Puce, for politely intervening for me.snip

I took Janet's comment to refer to the snarky remarks we've seen here from
people who don't know - or perhaps don't care - what the advertising
situation is. In truth, the charter makes it perfectly clear and it's worth
looking at. It's in the abc for newcomers message which is posted weekly
and is extremely helpful. That makes it clear what is and isn't permitted
or welcomed on urg. I doubt the gates advert could upset anyone, however.
But perhaps I'm wrong..... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-12-2005, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

But perhaps I'm wrong..... ;-)
--
Sacha

WRONG ????????????????????????

Never

Old 09-12-2005, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"Mike" wrote in message
But perhaps I'm wrong..... ;-)
--
Sacha

WRONG ????????????????????????

Never

The moon is made of green cheese

Pigs fly

Water runs uphill

Night does NOT follow day

Never did I ever believe, that I would see the honourable Sacha even
contemplate that she, of all people, could 'possibly' be wrong.

What will become of urg if Sacha has the slightest element of doubt in her
mind?

Doooooooooooooom I tell you doooooooooom