Old 06-12-2005, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gb

Default Whats the best fungicide to mix with seeds in cold storage ???

Whats the best fungicide to mix with seeds in cold storage ???

Damp seeds kept in the frige to break there dormany always have a
tendency to rot,( for what ever reason ).

This year I have tried adding some 'cheshunt compound' to the sealed
plastic bags. But it still does not seem to work.

Should I be pre treating the seed with say bleach or similar.

Anybody have any experiences.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"gb" wrote in message
Whats the best fungicide to mix with seeds in cold storage ???

Damp seeds kept in the frige to break there dormany always have a
tendency to rot,( for what ever reason ).

This year I have tried adding some 'cheshunt compound' to the sealed
plastic bags. But it still does not seem to work.

Should I be pre treating the seed with say bleach or similar.

Anybody have any experiences.

My father used to dust seed with powdered sulphur and that is about as much
info as I can offer.
It appears that a lot of the most effective fungicides have been withdrawn
for domestic use.