Old 19-03-2003, 08:44 AM
MG

Default That new Garden Prog awful

Hi

I had a tear in eye when they screened the last Gardeners World with
Titchmarsh, but Oh how awful is that thing he is doing now... Why does
he insist on trying to be funny?? He just comes across as a pratt and
I can't be bothered with it.

I remember now why I disliked him so much on Daytime telly all those
years back... he got better but now he's back in the toy cupboard...

MG
Old 19-03-2003, 08:56 AM
June Hughes

In article , MG
writes
Hi

I had a tear in eye when they screened the last Gardeners World with
Titchmarsh, but Oh how awful is that thing he is doing now... Why does
he insist on trying to be funny?? He just comes across as a pratt and
I can't be bothered with it.

I remember now why I disliked him so much on Daytime telly all those
years back... he got better but now he's back in the toy cupboard...

I quite like it. He's a bit of a Delia, but so what? He does a good
job, IMNSHO.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-03-2003, 09:20 AM
JennyC

"MG" wrote in message
Hi

I had a tear in eye when they screened the last Gardeners World with
Titchmarsh, but Oh how awful is that thing he is doing now... Why

does
he insist on trying to be funny?? He just comes across as a pratt

and
I can't be bothered with it.

I remember now why I disliked him so much on Daytime telly all those
years back... he got better but now he's back in the toy cupboard...

MG

Ah ha = at last a kindred spirit !!!!!! I hate him too :~))

Jenny

Old 19-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Drakanthus

I had a tear in eye when they screened the last Gardeners World with
Titchmarsh, but Oh how awful is that thing he is doing now... Why does
he insist on trying to be funny?? He just comes across as a pratt and
I can't be bothered with it.

I remember now why I disliked him so much on Daytime telly all those
years back... he got better but now he's back in the toy cupboard...

MG

I like the program. At least it has some interesting gardening content unlike many
of the horrendous garden make over type programs. Granted Titchmarsh is a bit
"twee" somehow but I prefer that to some of the ego maniacs on TV.

What do others make of the new "Plantsman" program? The presenter is certainly
enthusiastic. Not sure if I like that program or not yet.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Old 19-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Jack

I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either. I think there's too mamy odd
camera angles, close-ups on the presenter's face, and funny flashing
colours.

Old 19-03-2003, 06:56 PM
JennyC

"Drakanthus" wrote
What do others make of the new "Plantsman" program? The presenter is

certainly
enthusiastic. Not sure if I like that program or not yet.
Drakanthus.

Ghastly !!
All those camera angles and close ups are so distracting, and that
blokes accent drives me mad !!
Which is weird 'cos I'm a Cockney myself :~))

Jenny

Old 19-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Anne Wheeldon

"Jack" wrote in message
I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either.

"Drakanthus" wrote:

What do others make of the new "Plantsman" program? Drakanthus.

I have actually enjoyed Alan Titchmarsh's new series of "How to be a
Gardener" if only because I realise that i actually know quite a lot about
gardening!! ;0))
I watched the new "Ground Force" lineup and really shuddered at the
inappropriate laughter and the lack of any useful info about gardens. (Maybe
always was so you say to yourself.)

The Plantsman I love: partly because of the funny camera angles and strange
shots but mainly because Chris Collins communicates such a love of plants. I
can smell his lavender and, for the first time in my life, actually found
plants like dahlias and Chrysanthemums beautiful. Up till now I thought they
were the Barbie dolls of the plant world.

Anne

Old 19-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Rod

"Jack" wrote in message ...
I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either. I think there's too mamy odd
camera angles, close-ups on the presenter's face, and funny flashing
colours.

We don't have a telly so we don't need to suffer this stuff. But why in heaven's name would a presenter's face appear in
close up or any other way in a prog about plants?
Oh and btw in our local garden centre I keep bumping into a cardboard cut out of Titchers wearing a self satisfied
grin - one of these days that's going to get a good kicking;~(((

Rod

Old 19-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Martin Sykes

"Rod" wrote in message
Oh and btw in our local garden centre I keep bumping into a cardboard cut

out of Titchers wearing a self satisfied
grin - one of these days that's going to get a good kicking;~(((

I've seen that too. 'Every garden needs a good humper'. Can't belief his
agent signed him up for that :-))

Old 19-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Hussein M.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:02:35 -0000, "Jack" wrotc:

I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either. I think there's too mamy odd
camera angles, close-ups on the presenter's face, and funny flashing
colours.

That Plantsman is a sort of Jamie Oliver of the garden. For me,
Jamie has worn his "cheery chappie" overalls threadbare so I think
the Plantsman will do the same.

Hussein
Grow a little garden

Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
mandy thomas

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In article , Hussein M.
writes
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:02:35 -0000, "Jack" wrotc:

I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either. I think there's too mamy odd
camera angles, close-ups on the presenter's face, and funny flashing
colours.

That Plantsman is a sort of Jamie Oliver of the garden. For me,
Jamie has worn his "cheery chappie" overalls threadbare so I think
the Plantsman will do the same.

When is it on? (sorry - I'm very sad
--
June Hughes

Friday BBC2, 8:30pm

Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
June Hughes

In article , mandy
thomas writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message

When is it on? (sorry - I'm very sad
--
June Hughes

Friday BBC2, 8:30pm

Oh right. Thanks. My friend and I are taking the day off on Friday
(tomorrow) to go to the Business Design Centre (Country Living Fair)
near the Angel. Looking forward to it. Will be shattered when we
return home, so shall be glad to slump in front of the TV.
--
June Hughes
Old 23-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Jim W

Rod wrote:

Oh and btw in our local garden centre I keep bumping into a cardboard cut
out of Titchers wearing a self satisfied grin - one of these days that's
going to get a good kicking;~(((

Rod

LOL,.. the staff at my fave nursery have found a use for that cutout!
They rearrange the cutout at odd angles.. At the moment it just peers
over the top of a shelving unit at the back of the dry sundries area..

Last year it was seen with a large long (5 inch!) pinch toungue attached
to it!-)
//
Jim
North London, England, UK
Old 24-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Essjay001

Jack scribbled:

I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either. I think there's too mamy
odd camera angles, close-ups on the presenter's face, and funny
flashing colours.

I think that goes for most DIY/Garden progs. They seem to be more about the
technicalities of producing a TV programme and less about the subject in
hand. One programme producer (Woodworks) told me that the target audience
wants it that way. Obviously I am not in the target audience.

Steve R

Old 24-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Little Badger

I'll stick to gardeners question time on R4!

Badger

"Essjay001" wrote in message
Jack scribbled:

I'm not sure about the Plantsman, either. I think there's too mamy
odd camera angles, close-ups on the presenter's face, and funny
flashing colours.

I think that goes for most DIY/Garden progs. They seem to be more about

the
technicalities of producing a TV programme and less about the subject in
hand. One programme producer (Woodworks) told me that the target audience
wants it that way. Obviously I am not in the target audience.

Steve R

James Martin tv prog. Janet United Kingdom 20 12-08-2008 08:54 AM
My awful lawn gary foster Lawns 7 20-04-2006 11:39 AM
This is awful! Helena Handbasket Bonsai 1 20-05-2005 10:02 PM
TV prog alert Sacha United Kingdom 0 05-04-2003 06:32 PM
Keith Floyd Uncorked prog HaaRoy United Kingdom 0 16-01-2003 06:28 PM