GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PEACE LILIES WITH NO LILIES (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/109699-peace-lilies-no-lilies.html)

MARTY 08-12-2005 02:41 PM

PEACE LILIES WITH NO LILIES

Amateur Gardner needing help people. I've got 2 peace lilies and in the 4
years of having them I've had no flower from them. Can someone tell me
what im doing wrong please. Cheers for any help. Happy Growing.

Mike Lyle 08-12-2005 03:09 PM

PEACE LILIES WITH NO LILIES

MARTY wrote:
Amateur Gardner needing help people. I've got 2 peace lilies and

in
the 4 years of having them I've had no flower from them. Can
someone tell me what im doing wrong please. Cheers for any help.
Happy Growing.

I take it these are _Spathiphyllum_. They want good light but never
any direct sun, and no draughts. Like African violets, they need to
be on a good-sized dish of gravel covered with water. It's easy to
starve them: I didn't repot mine this year, and got no flowers as (I
think) a combined result of hunger and too shady a spot. In maybe
February, I'd repot and start giving them a regular feed of
Phostrogen or whatever brand you use. Let us know if it works or not.

--
Mike.