Old 19-03-2003, 10:44 AM
PRIORPARK17

Default Posting Plants - Advice wanted

I often post small vegatable plants; tomatoes, beans, lettuce, and others. I
use a combination of old toilet rolls and shredded paper in a carboard box. Has
anyone found the ultimate container to send plants in?

I am looking for something that is lying around the house rather than some
£6.99 item from the local gardencenter.

I thank you.
Old 19-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Rufus

I save 1 and 2 litre plastic ice cream tubs for posting plants to my
friends. For packing I use paper strips saved from my shredder. I seal the
lids with gaffer tape and as far as I am aware, the recipients have had no
problems with damaged plants.

Rufus

Old 19-03-2003, 01:44 PM
JennyC

"PRIORPARK17" wrote in message
I often post small vegatable plants; tomatoes, beans, lettuce, and

others. I
use a combination of old toilet rolls and shredded paper in a

carboard box. Has
anyone found the ultimate container to send plants in?

I am looking for something that is lying around the house rather

than some
£6.99 item from the local gardencenter.

I thank you.

Mineral water bottles :
- cut them through at about 3/4 of the height
- plants in and force the top bit of the bottle over the lower portion
- you can use 1ltr bottles or the smaller ones for smaller items
- sellotape the join and he presto and instant mini GH !

Jenny