GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Umbrella plant (Schefflera) - Leavs falling off! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/109813-umbrella-plant-schefflera-leavs-falling-off.html)

[email protected] 11-12-2005 07:31 PM

Umbrella plant (Schefflera) - Leavs falling off!

I have adopted an umbrella plant (Schefflera) from a friend last summer
because it was growing too tall for her house.

All was well until a few weeks ago when some of the leaves began to fall
off. Anyone any ideas? - Am I doing something wrong?

michael adams 12-12-2005 10:35 AM

wrote in message

I have adopted an umbrella plant (Schefflera) from a friend last summer
because it was growing too tall for her house.

All was well until a few weeks ago when some of the leaves began to fall
off. Anyone any ideas? - Am I doing something wrong?

Your question was comprehensively answered in a thread "Sick Pot Plant"
on this newsgroup last week

here's the full Google Groups URL

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...browse_thread/
thread/9a654adfbc42a091/be84e6df50ed58ea?q=Sick+pot+plant&rnum=
1#be84e6df50ed58ea

or the more manageable TinyUrl -

http://tinyurl.com/dr47q

The most likely explanation IMO is that the roots are waterlogged
and\or compacted, and air isn't getting to the roots. (Although
other posters have suggested sharp changes in temperature) So if you dry
the rootball out, examine the roots, and repot in a suitable compost
as explained in the thread you should be ok.

michael adams

---