Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stevej

Default zantedeschia help please

Hi

I have some new 'baby' (don't know the botanical description)
Zantedeschia's, they are in small pots on a utility room (not very warm)
window cill which gets some light. They all have two leaves (2-4inch tall
approx) and whilst slow growth right now is slow some are very green and
healthy looking and some are looking a bit blotchy. I really like these and
don't want to lose any, please could somebody give me some growing advice ?

MTIA
Steve (UK)

Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"stevej" wrote
I have some new 'baby' (don't know the botanical description)
Zantedeschia's, they are in small pots on a utility room (not very warm)
window cill which gets some light. They all have two leaves (2-4inch tall
approx) and whilst slow growth right now is slow some are very green and
healthy looking and some are looking a bit blotchy. I really like these
and don't want to lose any, please could somebody give me some growing
advice ?

Probably got a bit cold one night when the leaves had some water
(condensation) on them. Should get over it, but watch the watering, they
won't need so much now it's cold.
Mine stay out all year, they are in a border, as do the ones in neighbours
gardens. They get cut back to ground level with frost each winter but come
up again come spring.

--
Regards
Bob