GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   monkey puzzle seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110014-monkey-puzzle-seeds.html)

solaara 21-12-2005 04:38 PM

monkey puzzle seeds

I've germinated some of the said seeds...Although I can see some green shoots, it is taking a long time to cast off the seed case..Do I give it some help, or leave it alone?

Nick Maclaren 21-12-2005 08:17 PM

monkey puzzle seeds

In article ,
solaara wrote:

I've germinated some of the said seeds...Although I can see some green
shoots, it is taking a long time to cast off the seed case..Do I give
it some help, or leave it alone?

A good question. In general, leave it alone, but there are some seeds
where the cotyledons can get stuck in the seed case when grown in the
UK. Moonflowers (Ipomoea alba a.k.a. I. bona-nox a.k.a. Calonyction
aculeatum) are one such. Unless the shoots appear actually stuck in
the case, leave it alone.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

solaara 22-12-2005 10:59 AM