GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardener of the Year (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110196-gardener-year.html)

JennyC 29-12-2005 09:21 PM

Gardener of the Year

Just watched the program........

Although it was OK, I feel that it was better in the past when they had more
time to show each candidate taking the various tests and a separate program with
the garden build. It just all seemed such a rush to cram everything into the one
hour.

Any other thoughts ??

Jenny
(Rotterdam the Netherlands)
remove the squirrel to reply

Rupert 29-12-2005 09:34 PM

Gardener of the Year

"JennyC" wrote in message
Just watched the program........

Although it was OK, I feel that it was better in the past when they had
more
time to show each candidate taking the various tests and a separate
program with
the garden build. It just all seemed such a rush to cram everything into
the one
hour.

Any other thoughts ??

Jenny
(Rotterdam the Netherlands)
remove the squirrel to reply

Agreed-far to much going on and not enough time to take in everything. As
usual there seemed very little emphasis on plants.
They could have made a separate programme about the candidates own gardens
which looked very interesting.
I got some of the questions right --honest.

JennyC 30-12-2005 10:45 AM

Gardener of the Year

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
"JennyC" wrote in message
Just watched the program........

Although it was OK, I feel that it was better in the past when they had
more
time to show each candidate taking the various tests and a separate
program with
the garden build. It just all seemed such a rush to cram everything into
the one
hour.
Any other thoughts ??

Mostly along the lines of "Monty, why have you lent your name to this
dire disorganised trash-frenzy, we expect better of you".

Indded, ESPECIALLY as I'd just watch him win mastermind !!

I would have much preferred the programme to be all about their own
gardens, no silly high-speed makeovers.

Yes, some of them looked really interesting. I loved those mad 'sculptures' and
structures in that one chaps garden :~))

I passed on every plant family q :-( Must do some homework.
Janet

Me too :~)
Jenny

Sacha 30-12-2005 01:30 PM

Gardener of the Year

On 30/12/05 10:45 am, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

snip

I passed on every plant family q :-( Must do some homework.
Janet

Me too :~)
Jenny

Me three. It doesn't much bother me, either.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

La Puce 30-12-2005 02:57 PM

Gardener of the Year

JennyC wrote:

Me too :~)

Didn't. That was the easiest part :o)

But I still have lots of botany homework to do (currently my two years
notes are thrown all over my bed - made a start this morning but got
diverted with stripping paint on the stairs. As one do.)

Sacha 30-12-2005 05:54 PM

Gardener of the Year

On 30/12/05 2:35 pm, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

On 30/12/05 10:45 am, in article
, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

snip

I passed on every plant family q :-( Must do some homework.
Janet

Me too :~)
Jenny

Me three. It doesn't much bother me, either.

If Monty and I ever find ourselves alone in a garage (did someone
say, "shoestring production"?), I don't want to disappoint him.

Janet! You shock me. ;-) I cannot imagine a more unlikely contingency.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

La Puce 30-12-2005 05:59 PM

Gardener of the Year

Janet Baraclough wrote:

If Monty and I ever find ourselves alone in a garage (did someone
say, "shoestring production"?), I don't want to disappoint him.

He will then insist you call him Montagu, like his closest friends do.