Old 11-01-2006, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default not quite a gardening question !

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

[...]
Yes, so do I. But Outlook Express doesn't do that. Sadly it is not
really meant for chatty chappies like us but for straight simple
emails I'm afarid. On OE you do get the tittle of the

subject/thread
and the poster's name but if no quote from previous post you

cannot
tell to whom or to what it is in responce of. A responce from
Kathryn as it was, was like a little cry in the deepest night from
somewhere far away

Can't you highlught what you want to quote, then hit 'reply'?

[...].

Frayed knot. You have to hit "Reply group", and then, in the window
which appears, highlight and delete extranery. It's ok when you're
used to it, and in any case better than Google Groups, for which you
have to know a secret they don't tell you, for their own mysterious
Googular reasons. (You don't hit "Reply" in GG, or you'll get a blank
window and risk social pariah status. Instead, you have to hit "Show
Options" and then the "Reply" in the heading which appears: that
displays the message you're replying to and allows you to carry out
Christian editing.) GG doesn't even store your signature for repeated
use, as in

--
Mike.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:
Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
In my newsreader (snip)
Janet uses the same system.

That's correct. Rusty and I use the same newsreader.

Yes, so do I.

No, you do not.

Yes I do. As I mentioned earlier, I use it at work, for a local forum
but not gardening ones. I don't mix business with pleasure. Yet.

From: "Sue" - Find messages by this
author
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:26:34 -0000
Subject: not quite a gardening question !
"La Puce" wrote
I use it at work but not for my forums to the exception of one local
Manchester group. I understand now indeed.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
In my newsreader (snip)
Janet uses the same system.

That's correct. Rusty and I use the same newsreader.

Yes, so do I.

No, you do not.

Yes I do. As I mentioned earlier, I use it at work, for a local forum
but not gardening ones. snip

Nope! You were referring to OE which *I* use. Janet and Rusty, as they have
said, use a different one - their ISP's own newsreader.

--
Sue

Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:

In my newsreader (snip)
Janet uses the same system.

That's correct. Rusty and I use the same newsreader.

Yes, so do I.

No, you do not.

Oh yes she doesn't!

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Can't you highlught what you want to quote, then hit 'reply'?

[...].

Frayed knot. You have to hit "Reply group", and then, in the window
which appears, highlight and delete extranery. It's ok when you're
used to it, and in any case better than Google Groups, for which you
have to know a secret they don't tell you, for their own mysterious
Googular reasons. (You don't hit "Reply" in GG, or you'll get a blank
window and risk social pariah status. Instead, you have to hit "Show
Options" and then the "Reply" in the heading which appears: that
displays the message you're replying to and allows you to carry out
Christian editing.) GG doesn't even store your signature for repeated
use, as in

And this is progress?

The ZIMACS way has been a feature for more than ten years.

(Since more than ten years, Mme la Puce!)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 12-01-2006, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:

In my newsreader (snip)
Janet uses the same system.

That's correct. Rusty and I use the same newsreader.

Yes, so do I.

No, you do not.

Yes I do. As I mentioned earlier, I use it at work, for a local forum
but not gardening ones. I don't mix business with pleasure. Yet.

Janet's injecting a little Panto.

We both use ZIMACS, the best newsreader in the World.

From: "Sue" - Find messages by this
author
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:26:34 -0000
"La Puce" wrote
I use it at work but not for my forums to the exception of one local
Manchester group. I understand now indeed.

HTH

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sue" wrote in message

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
In my newsreader (snip)
Janet uses the same system.

That's correct. Rusty and I use the same newsreader.

Yes, so do I.

No, you do not.

Yes I do. As I mentioned earlier, I use it at work, for a local forum
but not gardening ones. snip

Nope! You were referring to OE which *I* use. Janet and Rusty, as they
have
said, use a different one - their ISP's own newsreader.

--
Sue

10/10 for perseverance. Can you now explain to La puce the differences
between Linux and Windows so she can tell which one she is using (at work or
home)

Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
That's correct. Rusty and I use the same newsreader.

Yes, so do I.

No, you do not.

Janet

Janet, oh Janet, I am in trouble with my newsreader at home. On this
(personal) computer I use Turnpike, obviously I cannot use my third
other computer for newsgroups as it is an NHS one and cannot download
newsgroups. So not to confuse you any further, at home I go into Google
to read the n.g.

I cannot tell which posts I have read on Google and I cannot reply as is
asks me to register - and when I do, I can't click on the link and
then....and so on...........

Sacha was kind enough to email me to try and help and through her at
least I can read on Google otherwise I wouldn't have even known that.

What is the purpose of this ramble, oh yes., does anyone have a copy of
Turnpike I can use at home. I subscribe to Demon and they gave Turnpike
away initially but I don't know where to get one now.

On another note, I have got elephants in my attics - that's what it
sounds like, though I suspect they have long tails and therefore I shall
have to get the vermin man in again.
--
Judith Lea
Old 12-01-2006, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

10/10 for perseverance. Can you now explain to La puce the differences
between Linux and Windows so she can tell which one she is using (at
work or
home)

The first indicator is the 'Crash Co-efficient', or the frequency of the BSOD.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 12-01-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sue wrote:
Nope! You were referring to OE which *I* use.

That's the one! g

Old 12-01-2006, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rupert wrote:
10/10 for perseverance.

What's up, Don, can't write to me directly huh!? )

Can you now explain to La puce the differences
between Linux and Windows so she can tell which one she is using (at work or
home)

At work I use OE windows. At home I use the web.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
And this is progress?
The ZIMACS way has been a feature for more than ten years.
(Since more than ten years, Mme la Puce!)

Ten years?! Zat's fantastique Monsieur Rusty! Ze sun is shining today
and I must say zat it 'as wormed my little 'eart no end. Now, what you
saying about Zimakz yes?! I am sorry bot I close my eyes usually very
firm when computers are in the conversation. Do you mind if I look
outside during you talk computer, oui? Thank you )

Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Judith Lea wrote:
On another note, I have got elephants in my attics - that's what it
sounds like, though I suspect they have long tails and therefore I shall
have to get the vermin man in again.

That's your escuse. The vermin man indeed ... Naughty Judith ;o)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

In article , Judith Lea
writes

On another note, I have got elephants in my attics - that's what it
sounds like, though I suspect they have long tails and therefore I shall
have to get the vermin man in again.

You can download the latest turnpike from Demon

double click or paste this into your browser (or use an ftp program)

ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/mirrors/turnpike/ev605.exe

ev605.exe is the latest issue version (6.05) with Quick Start Guide,
User Manual, DUN and foreign dictionaries.

alternatively, change the ev605.exe to entire.exe - this is the latest
issue version including *all* components.

I'd guess that ev605.exe is fine.

If you already have a version of TP on your machine, you can download an
upgrade version

--
regards andyw