GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Heritage Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110379-heritage-plants.html)

Steve Newport 06-01-2006 10:42 PM

Heritage Plants

Me Again about my Sunset apple.

Another thing that I found one website mentioning is that the Sunset
Apple was a 'heritage' variety.

I have come across a number of places where they mention 'heritage'
varieties of this that and the other but I am becoming rather
suspicious that this isn't as rigorous a label as one might expect.

Can anybody tell me exactly what constitutes a 'Heritage' variety? Is
there a set guideline, or is it more of a marketing gimmick intended
to catch the romantic gullible gardener?

Thanks
Steve

Rusty Hinge 2 07-01-2006 02:35 PM

Heritage Plants

The message
from Steve Newport contains these words:

Have a look at www.applesandorchards.org.uk

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig