GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Punctures in wheelbarrow tyre (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110498-punctures-wheelbarrow-tyre.html)

Broadback 11-01-2006 10:35 AM

Punctures in wheelbarrow tyre

I've asked here before I think, but here I go again. any ideas as to how
I may stop this? I've Googled for puncture free and solid tyres but
only seem to come up with USA sites. Any ideas or help appreciated.
--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.

Emrys Davies 11-01-2006 11:36 AM

"Broadback" wrote in message
I've asked here before I think, but here I go again. any ideas as to

how
I may stop this? I've Googled for puncture free and solid tyres but
only seem to come up with USA sites. Any ideas or help appreciated.
--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.

Some ideas he

http://tinyurl.com/8jw6z
[Open in new window]

http://tinyurl.com/bvp4c

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

John 11-01-2006 12:55 PM

Punctures in wheelbarrow tyre

In article ,
Broadback wrote:

I've asked here before I think, but here I go again. any ideas as to how
I may stop this? I've Googled for puncture free and solid tyres but
only seem to come up with USA sites. Any ideas or help appreciated.

Having failed completely to find a spare wheel/tyre in any wheelbarrow
outlet, I went to my local Motor Factors and bought a small aerosol
"emergency tyre repair kit". Used this as directed - haven't had to do
it again since (about 9 months ago). Mind, I don't routinely barrow
loads of bricks about.

John

Rusty Hinge 2 11-01-2006 05:57 PM

Punctures in wheelbarrow tyre

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

I've asked here before I think, but here I go again. any ideas as to how
I may stop this? I've Googled for puncture free and solid tyres but
only seem to come up with USA sites. Any ideas or help appreciated.

You can get a horrid gunge which you inject into a tyre. Get one for a
motorcycle from a motorists' shop.

Most of them are pressurised cans now, and inflate the tyre as well as
block *SMALL* punctures.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Rusty Hinge 2 11-01-2006 05:58 PM

Punctures in wheelbarrow tyre

The message
from John contains these words:

Having failed completely to find a spare wheel/tyre in any wheelbarrow
outlet, I went to my local Motor Factors and bought a small aerosol
"emergency tyre repair kit". Used this as directed - haven't had to do
it again since (about 9 months ago). Mind, I don't routinely barrow
loads of bricks about.

I did that to a sidecar wheel which had a *VERY* slow puncture. It
didn't need pumping up again as long as I had it.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Amos E Wolfe 11-01-2006 06:55 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
I've asked here before I think, but here I go again. any ideas as to how I
may stop this? I've Googled for puncture free and solid tyres but only
seem to come up with USA sites. Any ideas or help appreciated.
--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.

I use "Slime" - sold in Halfords in the cycling department - one bottle was
about 7 quid last time I bought it and will do two bike tyres, one or two
wheelbarrow tyres depending on size. I have used it in a wheelbarrow which
used to get apuncture about once a fortnight and it's never had one since
(caused by pushing it across ashes from burnt wood which contains nails).

Read about it at http://www.slime.com

--
-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-
AIM: Traindriver9334