Old 18-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Fenny

Default Does anyone feel like me?

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Alan Holmes say...

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these

words:

I'd like to see a 'What to do this week/month' article.

Log onto a competent garden website, join an e-list, or buy a
gardening magazine, and your wish will be granted.

Why do that when I can join in a discussion group with a lot of friendly
people who are willing to help out someone who has a problem.

Although there are one or two who feel that the group is not for this sort
of discussion, and always tell you to go to the library, even if they do
know the answer to your question!

OK, I'm new here, but doesn't what to do depend on the contents of your
garden? If someone had to sit down and write an article that covered
everything to be done this week / month, it would take them forever. I
use the RHS Encylopedia of Gardening, various books on plant maintenance
and the back of the seed packets to give me ideas. And if I feel like
it, I may find the time to mow what passes for a front lawn.

Specific questions, like "when should I plant / prune ...?" are easier
to answer than a blanket "what do I do now?" I hope that the new GW
will keep the diary section about what to do this week.
--
Fenny
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 18-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these

words:

I'd like to see a 'What to do this week/month' article.

Log onto a competent garden website, join an e-list, or buy a
gardening magazine, and your wish will be granted.

Why do that when I can join in a discussion group with a lot of friendly
people who are willing to help out someone who has a problem.

Glad to hear you found somewhere that provides what you wanted.

Although there are one or two who feel that the group is not for this sort
of discussion, and always tell you to go to the library, even if they do
know the answer to your question!

Maybe you should stick with urg after all...I don't recall we've ever
had that kind of poster here.

Janet.