Old 23-01-2006, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Plans for Spring

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

When it's raining and cold is the time for scribbling on envelopes and
hatching ideas for the garden in 2006, so I'm wondering what you're
plotting. In our household, it goes like this:

John; finish building the stone sitting place he started in autumn
.This is what inspired him:

www.drystonedesigns.co.uk

snip
Janet

Brilliant Janet !!
Duly marked for possible use in new garden :~))
Jenny

Old 23-01-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:28:43 +0000, JennyC wrote
(in article ):

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

When it's raining and cold is the time for scribbling on envelopes and
hatching ideas for the garden in 2006, so I'm wondering what you're
plotting. In our household, it goes like this:

John; finish building the stone sitting place he started in autumn
.This is what inspired him:

www.drystonedesigns.co.uk

snip
Janet

Brilliant Janet !!
Duly marked for possible use in new garden :~))

New garden? You're not moving from your rooftop paradise are you?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 23-01-2006, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

www.drystonedesigns.co.uk

snip
Janet

Brilliant Janet !!
Duly marked for possible use in new garden :~))
Jenny

Did you buy the place in France, then?

Janet
Old 24-01-2006, 06:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:28:43 +0000, JennyC wrote
(in article ):

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

When it's raining and cold is the time for scribbling on envelopes and
hatching ideas for the garden in 2006, so I'm wondering what you're
plotting. In our household, it goes like this:

John; finish building the stone sitting place he started in autumn
.This is what inspired him:

www.drystonedesigns.co.uk

snip
Janet

Brilliant Janet !!
Duly marked for possible use in new garden :~))

New garden? You're not moving from your rooftop paradise are you?
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Yes!!
We hope to move to a hilltop paradise in the Dordogne
I shall need Beth Chato's dry garden book............:~)))
Jenny

Old 24-01-2006, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

www.drystonedesigns.co.uk

snip
Janet

Brilliant Janet !!
Duly marked for possible use in new garden :~))
Jenny

Did you buy the place in France, then?
Janet

Not yet...........haggling has begun though :~)
Been down there all last week to make sure we like it just as much in winter -
we did. It's a lot milder there and one hardly needed a coat. A thick fleece was
enough !

Jenny

Old 24-01-2006, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

JennyC wrote:
Not yet...........haggling has begun though :~)

COoooo ... good luck.

Been down there all last week to make sure we like it just as much in winter -
we did. It's a lot milder there and one hardly needed a coat. A thick fleece was
enough !

When we go at Easter, my family's horrified to see my kids (when they
were little) wearing no coat! They don't realise how mild it really is
and I am kinda hardy now.

Going to Ynyslas at Easter - in Wales and look around properties.
Rented this lovely cottage on the estuary. Makes a change to the
Dordogne but as usual we'll pop over to the SW and hope we can go to
Les Eyzies in August, and show you how to make a proper clafouti ;o)

Old 24-01-2006, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

JennyC wrote:
Not yet...........haggling has begun though :~)

COoooo ... good luck.

Been down there all last week to make sure we like it just as much in

winter -
we did. It's a lot milder there and one hardly needed a coat. A thick fleece

was
enough !

When we go at Easter, my family's horrified to see my kids (when they
were little) wearing no coat! They don't realise how mild it really is
and I am kinda hardy now.

Going to Ynyslas at Easter - in Wales and look around properties.
Rented this lovely cottage on the estuary. Makes a change to the
Dordogne but as usual we'll pop over to the SW and hope we can go to
Les Eyzies in August, and show you how to make a proper clafouti ;o)

Ummmm - I hate clafouti - It reminds me of cold Yorkshire pudding with fruit in
;~(
But then maybe I've never had a real one :~))
Jenny

Old 24-01-2006, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

JennyC wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message

[...]
Les Eyzies in August, and show you how to make a proper clafouti ;o)

Ummmm - I hate clafouti - It reminds me of cold Yorkshire pudding
with fruit in ;~(
But then maybe I've never had a real one :~))
Jenny

Clafoutis _is_ Yorkshire pudding with fruit in it! I asked for it once
in a restaurant, and the manager said he was sorry, "but for that you
need a grandmother". I told him it was the same with us for one's
mother's apple pie. (But I've broken the matrilineal thread for our
family: my kids want Dad's.)

--
Mike.

Old 24-01-2006, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Mike Lyle wrote:
JennyC wrote:
Ummmm - I hate clafouti - It reminds me of cold Yorkshire pudding
with fruit in ;~(
But then maybe I've never had a real one :~))

You must have. Cold clafouti is awful ;o)

Clafoutis _is_ Yorkshire pudding with fruit in it! I asked for it once
in a restaurant, and the manager said he was sorry, "but for that you
need a grandmother". I told him it was the same with us for one's
mother's apple pie. (But I've broken the matrilineal thread for our
family: my kids want Dad's.)

Ha! That famous apple pie. It is a very English family affair isn't it.
But then you haven't tasted mine. Though I wouldn't call clafouti
Yorkshire pudding Mike! More like a flan perhaps. Because do you put
caster sugar in your Yorkshire pudding? And cinnamon, and 4 to 6 eggs
for 75gr of flour?! Vanilla?! And I don't put beef dripping at the
bottom of my dish ;o)

Old 25-01-2006, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

JennyC wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message

[...]
Les Eyzies in August, and show you how to make a proper clafouti ;o)

Ummmm - I hate clafouti - It reminds me of cold Yorkshire pudding
with fruit in ;~(
But then maybe I've never had a real one :~))
Jenny

Clafoutis _is_ Yorkshire pudding with fruit in it!

No it aint, you.... heathen

I speak as one who cooks both, to die for.

Janet

Spring pond plans.... Gary Tabar Ponds (moderated) 11 18-04-2011 10:48 PM
Plans for Spring Klara United Kingdom 0 17-01-2006 09:17 AM
Spring serenades, evening harmonies, and offerings of Spring come madgardener Gardening 2 21-04-2004 01:04 AM
Spring doings, major garden accomplishments and spring is bursting out up in Fairy holler madgardener Gardening 0 25-03-2004 10:03 PM
Spring doings, major garden accomplishments and spring is bursting out up in Fairy holler madgardener Gardening 0 25-03-2004 10:02 PM