GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   globe artichoke (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110956-globe-artichoke.html)

H Ryder 27-01-2006 11:07 PM

globe artichoke

Can these be moved? I have one which flowered last year and had about 3
large "stalks". I've cut these down so now just have a clump of leaves,
about a foot cubed. Can I just dig it up and move it? Thanks in advance,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Rusty Hinge 2 28-01-2006 01:34 AM

globe artichoke

The message
from "H Ryder" contains these words:

Can these be moved? I have one which flowered last year and had about 3
large "stalks". I've cut these down so now just have a clump of leaves,
about a foot cubed. Can I just dig it up and move it? Thanks in advance,

Just about indestructible. But don't leave it too late.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Des Higgins 30-01-2006 09:55 AM

globe artichoke

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "H Ryder" contains these words:

Can these be moved? I have one which flowered last year and had about 3
large "stalks". I've cut these down so now just have a clump of leaves,
about a foot cubed. Can I just dig it up and move it? Thanks in advance,

Just about indestructible. But don't leave it too late.

They can also be very easily split. One that size will easily give 3 or 4
new plants but they will take a year or so to fill out again. Otherwise,
Rusty is right on both counts.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig