GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   plant called Lucky??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110960-plant-called-lucky.html)

Mikey 28-01-2006 04:12 AM

plant called Lucky???

Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the word
"Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

JennyC 28-01-2006 10:28 AM

plant called Lucky???

"Mikey" wrote in message
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the word
"Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

See: http://www.luckyplants.com/ :~))
Jenny

Stewart Robert Hinsley 28-01-2006 10:36 AM

plant called Lucky???

In message , Mikey
writes
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the word
"Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

Http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...asp?crit=Lucky

(You'll have to check each plant for hardiness - Erythina's a bit dodgy
- but most of those are hardy.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info

insanite 28-01-2006 12:36 PM

A few

Tulipa 'Lucky Strike'
Saintpaulia 'Lucky Lee Ann'
I think a few roses have the word lucky in them
Primula auricula 'Lucky Strike'
Oxalis tetraphylla a few common names with lucky like=LUCKY CLOVER
Gladiolus 'You'll Be Lucky'
Dracaena sanderiana 'lucky Bamboo'
Achillea 'Lucky Break'
Dahlia 'Lucky Devil'
A few Irises i.e 'Lucky charm'
Dahlia 'Lucky Number'
Just a few examples

PammyT 28-01-2006 02:45 PM

plant called Lucky???

--
X-No-Archive
"Mikey" wrote in message
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the

word
"Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

lucky clover?

Mikey 28-01-2006 03:44 PM

plant called Lucky???

"Mikey" wrote in message
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the
word "Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

Thank you people. Should point out that the reason I want such a thing is
because we've just lost our little dog "Lucky" and we wanted to plant
something in memory of her. Wanted a rose ideally but can't find one so will
look at the other options
Thanks again

Sacha 28-01-2006 05:47 PM

plant called Lucky???

On 28/1/06 15:44, in article
, "Mikey"
wrote:

"Mikey" wrote in message
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the
word "Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

Thank you people. Should point out that the reason I want such a thing is
because we've just lost our little dog "Lucky" and we wanted to plant
something in memory of her. Wanted a rose ideally but can't find one so will
look at the other options
Thanks again

I'm not being facetious. How about a dog rose?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Rupert 28-01-2006 06:33 PM

plant called Lucky???

"Mikey" wrote in message

"Mikey" wrote in message
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the
word "Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

Thank you people. Should point out that the reason I want such a thing is
because we've just lost our little dog "Lucky" and we wanted to plant
something in memory of her. Wanted a rose ideally but can't find one so
will look at the other options
Thanks again

There is a rose called Lucky Lady-but so far I can only find it here
http://www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/bro...at=49&item=998

Charlie Pridham 29-01-2006 09:08 AM

plant called Lucky???

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mikey" wrote in message
Anyone know of any kind of plant that can be planted outdoors with the

word
"Lucky" in its name?
Thanks

See: http://www.luckyplants.com/ :~))
Jenny

There are Iris called Lucky Duck,
Lucky Devil, and Lucky Charm, also a hosta called Lucky Charm.
I found around 20 entries in the plant finder for lucky but it won't allow
me to copy and paste and those are the ones I can remember!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk