GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Large buds on Clematis Armandii (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110978-large-buds-clematis-armandii.html)

Gardening_Convert 28-01-2006 06:46 PM

Large buds on Clematis Armandii

My Clematis Armandii has lots of large green buds on it at the moment.
Are these flowering buds or are they just where it is about to start
growing more shoots ?

The reason I ask is that this has never really flowered much before so
as it's an early flowerer I was hoping they were flowering buds.

Cheers

Colin

Gardening_Convert 30-01-2006 07:49 PM

Large buds on Clematis Armandii

I didn't get any answers on this , anyone ??

Tiger303 03-02-2006 12:29 PM

colin, i'm by no means any expert, but i know armandi flowers on last years stems so the new buds must contain this years flowers. u might get some levaes first, i don't know, but the flowers will almost certainly comes from these buds in early spring