GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leggy Euphorbia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/111322-leggy-euphorbia.html)

Colin Spooner 05-02-2006 07:17 PM

Leggy Euphorbia

Hi There,
I have several Euphorbia varieties in my garden including E.Characis -
E.Mellirera - E.Martinnii - E Black Pearl.
Sorry if the spelling is wrong!
They are getting a bit leggy,and I would like to stimulate new growth from
lower down the plant.
Should I cut them back and use the removed growth as cuttings?
Will new growth sprout from the cut back stem?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Colin

Janet Baraclough 05-02-2006 10:34 PM

Leggy Euphorbia

The message
from "Colin Spooner" contains these words:

Hi There,
I have several Euphorbia varieties in my garden including E.Characis -
E.Mellirera - E.Martinnii - E Black Pearl.
Sorry if the spelling is wrong!

E. characias, mellifera, martinii.. (right spellings just in case
you need to google them) can all be cut right back hard and will come
again (youi may see tiny new buds down there already.)

Don't get the while sap on your skin, it can be irritating.

Janet