GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie veg growing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/111406-newbie-veg-growing.html)

shazzbat 07-02-2006 02:28 PM

Newbie veg growing

I was talking to someone yesterday, who expressed interest in allotments
etc. Anyway, it turns out his first attempt was growing courgettes for
himself and his wife in their garden. Then he said he ended up with so many
he was giving them away to everyone, and still ended up dumping loads of
them. So I said,

"How many plants did you put in"?

"Twenty", he said.

:-))

Steve

Gardening_Convert 07-02-2006 02:58 PM

Newbie veg growing

Mmmm possibly a few too many there :)

Must have taken up a fair amount of his garden ??

La Puce 07-02-2006 03:25 PM

Newbie veg growing

Gardening_Convert wrote:
Mmmm possibly a few too many there :)
Must have taken up a fair amount of his garden ??

:o) If only he was my neighbour. Hey, Steve, can you share your friend?!

Christopher Norton 07-02-2006 10:46 PM

Newbie veg growing

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

I was talking to someone yesterday, who expressed interest in allotments
etc. Anyway, it turns out his first attempt was growing courgettes for
himself and his wife in their garden. Then he said he ended up with so many
he was giving them away to everyone, and still ended up dumping loads of
them. So I said,

"How many plants did you put in"?

"Twenty", he said.

:-))

Steve

ROTFLOL!!!!

I always think the number of seeds in the packet gives the yield away.
10 seeds in a packet means your gonna get some stuff!!!.