GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   small holes in pyrocantha leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11210-small-holes-pyrocantha-leaves.html)

chaz 22-03-2003 11:29 AM

small holes in pyrocantha leaves

last year after planting my (quite large) pyrocantha a lot of the leaves
were nibbled by something, leaving holes about the size of an O with some
larger,and some being joined together OO. As the new leaves are starting to
show, I am keen to prevent this happening again. Any ideas on what caused it
and how to prevent it?

chaz

Nick Maclaren 22-03-2003 11:29 AM

small holes in pyrocantha leaves

In article ,
chaz wrote:
last year after planting my (quite large) pyrocantha a lot of the leaves
were nibbled by something, leaving holes about the size of an O with some
larger,and some being joined together OO. As the new leaves are starting to
show, I am keen to prevent this happening again. Any ideas on what caused it
and how to prevent it?

Not a lot, but I shouldn't worry too much. Those things are tough.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679

david 22-03-2003 11:29 AM

small holes in pyrocantha leaves

If these were cut from the outside of the leaf then they were don by a leaf
cutter bee. they use them to form nest for their eggs.
They don't do any harm and the damage to a few leaves is worth it for all
the good they do in the garden.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

chaz 22-03-2003 11:29 AM

small holes in pyrocantha leaves

If these were cut from the outside of the leaf then they were don by a
leaf
cutter bee

they were done in the middle of each leaf

chaz