GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fixing Bird Box (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11227-re-fixing-bird-box.html)

Chris French and Helen Johnson 22-03-2003 11:30 AM

Fixing Bird Box

In message , TheScullster
writes
How should I fix a bird box to a silver birch tree?
Tree is largish - 10" dia trunk or so.
Don't want to damage the tree, but want secure fixing.

I just hammer in a suitably sized nail. It won't harm the tree one jot.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

Jonathan Ward 22-03-2003 11:30 AM

Fixing Bird Box

In article ,
says...

In message , TheScullster
writes
How should I fix a bird box to a silver birch tree?
Tree is largish - 10" dia trunk or so.
Don't want to damage the tree, but want secure fixing.

I just hammer in a suitably sized nail. It won't harm the tree one jot.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

But could hurt someone at a later date who tries to cut up the tree with a
chain saw. The tree will die one day, I'm not advocating felling it! Birch is
not long lived.
--
Jonathan Ward
Remove the 'X' when replying

Tarzan 22-03-2003 11:30 AM

Fixing Bird Box

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:41:28 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

How should I fix a bird box to a silver birch tree?
Tree is largish - 10" dia trunk or so.
Don't want to damage the tree, but want secure fixing.

TIA

Phil

i use wire around the trunk and 2 screws ,made to last.
wire goes thru the box.