Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
John Martin

Default Viburnum tinus disease? - re-post

I planted about a dozen Viburnum tinus as hedging, just over a year ago.
Most plants look bushy and healthy and are flowering. But a few look very
droopy
and wilted. I've dug them up and potted them to keep them away from the rest
of the plants.
A few leaves are a slightly bitten - but not much. Is it likely to be a
viral disease?
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Drakanthus

I planted about a dozen Viburnum tinus as hedging, just over a year ago.
Most plants look bushy and healthy and are flowering. But a few look very
droopy
and wilted. I've dug them up and potted them to keep them away from the rest
of the plants.
A few leaves are a slightly bitten - but not much. Is it likely to be a
viral disease?
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Just a suggestion - could it be vine weevil? The adult beetles eat holes in the
edges of leaves, but the first symptom of attack is plants drooping, as the
larvae, white grubs about 1cm long eat soft roots. I suggest you check the soil
around the drooped plants for the grubs. If you find any, there are special
pesticides to get rid of them.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)