Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Ted Richardson

Default Plugs

Advise please.

Bought some F1 Petunia plugs.
Each plug contains two healthy plants.
It is tempting to razor-blade each plug into two
so doubling the quantity.
Is this feasible? Advisable? or just to leave them as they are?

Thanks
Ted

Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Kate Morgan

Bought some F1 Petunia plugs.
Each plug contains two healthy plants.
It is tempting to razor-blade each plug into two
so doubling the quantity.
Is this feasible? Advisable? or just to leave them as they are?

Thanks
Ted

One year when I was rather hard up for money I did this, instead of
cutting with a blade I, as gently as I could, split the plugs in two,it
worked for me :-)
kate
Old 23-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Ted Richardson

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
:
: Bought some F1 Petunia plugs.
: Each plug contains two healthy plants.
: It is tempting to razor-blade each plug into two
: so doubling the quantity.
: Is this feasible? Advisable? or just to leave them as they are?
:
: Thanks
: Ted
: One year when I was rather hard up for money I did this, instead of
: cutting with a blade I, as gently as I could, split the plugs in two,it
: worked for me :-)
: kate

Thanks Kate,
Decided to combine both - slice thru the tangle at the bottom,
and tease the top apart.
So far, so good - time will tell.
Thanks again
Ted.

Old 24-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Alan Holmes

"Ted Richardson" wrote in message
Advise please.

Bought some F1 Petunia plugs.
Each plug contains two healthy plants.
It is tempting to razor-blade each plug into two
so doubling the quantity.
Is this feasible? Advisable? or just to leave them as they are?

I wouldn't cut the plugs just gently ease the plants apart.

Alan

Propagating Plugs Jockie1 United Kingdom 1 05-09-2003 02:02 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM
What to do with old grass plugs? Tim Pham Texas 1 29-05-2003 05:23 AM
Jiffy Plugs Jockie1 United Kingdom 0 16-05-2003 12:44 PM
zoysia plugs [email protected] Gardening 1 20-04-2003 10:32 PM