Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Bazza

Default Bumpy lawn

I'm not after a bowling green but there are some humps in our small
lawn which tend to have the tops chopped off when it's being mown. I
figure the easiest way to deal with the problem would be to cut out a
section of turf,dfig out some soil and then replace the turf. Would
the turf recover and would this be a good time of year to do it?

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Cut a slit :

| |
| |
|----------------|
| |
| |

over the bump using an edging spade. peel back the whole turf ie grass plus
around 2" of root layer, remove soil from bump and lay turf back.

This gives minimal disruption and the slits heal very quickly#

pk

Old 22-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Bazza

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:23:32 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Kelly"
wibbled:

| |
| |
|----------------|
| |
| |

over the bump using an edging spade. peel back the whole turf ie grass plus
around 2" of root layer, remove soil from bump and lay turf back.

This gives minimal disruption and the slits heal very quickly#

Excellent Paul, thanks a lot.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Bumpy Lawn S.D. Gardening 4 02-06-2005 01:24 AM
Leveling a bumpy yard/lawn in DFW, Texas PK Lawns 10 14-10-2004 02:39 AM
How to smooth a bumpy lawn? Owen Lowe Lawns 8 13-06-2003 01:08 PM
Bumpy Lawn Mr G United Kingdom 5 19-04-2003 07:32 AM
Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!! john fraser United Kingdom 5 24-03-2003 04:32 PM