GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Moving a winter clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11284-moving-winter-clematis.html)

RichardS 22-03-2003 07:56 PM

Moving a winter clematis

Hi folks,

I've got a lovely winter flowering clematis - cirrhosa (sp?) I think. It's
well established against a fence (& half covering a hisbiscus) and obviously
very happy - hack it back occasionally and it responds with ever more
vigourous growth.

The problem is that the fence is to be replaced with a wall, and the
clematis is planted slap bang in the middle of the wall's eventual
foundations.

I need to move it.... just 30cm would do.

Any suggestions? Is my quest doomed?

I'll be taking a few cuttings before the operation just in case....

many thanks
Richard

--

Richard Sampson

can be found at olifant with the co uk thing.