GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11354-tomatoes.html)

[email protected] 23-03-2003 09:56 AM

tomatoes

Hi all
I am going to try to grow some tomatoes outside again this year.
I used to grow "pixie" which were easy and had a lovely taste.
Does anyone know if they are still available or a similar variety.
Roy

http://www.asmallwildlifegarden.co.uk/

Alan Gould 23-03-2003 02:32 PM

tomatoes

In article ,
writes
Hi all
I am going to try to grow some tomatoes outside again this year.
I used to grow "pixie" which were easy and had a lovely taste.
Does anyone know if they are still available or a similar variety.

Pixie are not listed in several popular catalogues or in a couple of
heritage collections I've checked, though if they have been grown in the
past, somebody will be sure to stock them. A good reliable alternative
outside tomato would be Gardener's Delight - abundant tasty fruits of
bite sized tomatoes as long as any kind of summer weather is available.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Roy 24-03-2003 08:08 AM

tomatoes

Hi
Thanks both
I will try those then.
Roy

Little Badger 24-03-2003 08:08 PM

tomatoes

Roy
B&Q do Value seed of these for just 33 pence!

Badger

Jon 24-03-2003 08:33 PM

tomatoes

Roy, I grew pixie last year and they were the best variety I grew. I got
them in a garden centre outside Edinburgh. Sorry that I cant say if they are
for sure available.
Jon