Old 23-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Stephen Goodall

Default camellia flowers getting smaller

I have a 10 year old Camellia Debbie (see my problem yesterday) until
recently I have been feeding her a general liquid fertiliser once a month
from April to September. Debbie has grown from a 1 inch stick to a 8/10 foot
problem because of her size.This morning she is covered in bright pink
flowers all about 3 inches across. So I would suggest a good feed now and
each month.
For a picture of my camellia see:

http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningfor...my_garden.html

The pictures were taken yesterday.

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
I have several camellia. One which I planted several years ago is
currently flowering but the flowers seem to have got smaller each year
I've had it. What am I doing wrong?

--
dave @ stejonda [Operation Tailwind never happened]

Alternative Global News : http://commondreams.org//

Old 23-03-2003, 11:56 AM

:
: http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningfor...my_garden.html
:
: The pictures were taken yesterday.
:
:
:
: "dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
: ...
: I have several camellia. One which I planted several years ago is
: currently flowering but the flowers seem to have got smaller each year
: I've had it. What am I doing wrong?
:
: --
: dave @ stejonda [Operation Tailwind never happened]
:
: Alternative Global News : http://commondreams.org//

I have a camelia which is 7-8ft and about 14 yrs old. I have never fed it
and you could say I have probably neglected it but every year it rewards me
with what must be hundreds of blooms and it is a picture now. Personal
reminder: I must remember to thank it for being so tolerant :O))

:
:

Old 24-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Chris Hogg

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 08:10:14 +0000, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

I have several camellia. One which I planted several years ago is
currently flowering but the flowers seem to have got smaller each year
I've had it. What am I doing wrong?

Bit of nitrogen in the spring/early summer for growth, then a bit of
potash mid/late summer to encourage the flower buds for next year.

--
Chris

Old 24-03-2003, 08:56 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
wrote:

I have several camellia. One which I planted several years ago is
currently flowering but the flowers seem to have got smaller each year
I've had it. What am I doing wrong?

Bit of nitrogen in the spring/early summer for growth, then a bit of
potash mid/late summer to encourage the flower buds for next year.

good thinking - thanks

--
dave @ stejonda

October 7 Bush Iraq Speech Analysis http://www.accuracy.org/bush/
Old 25-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Michael Berridge

wrote:

I have several camellia. One which I planted several years ago is
currently flowering but the flowers seem to have got smaller each

year
I've had it. What am I doing wrong?

Bit of nitrogen in the spring/early summer for growth, then a bit of
potash mid/late summer to encourage the flower buds for next year.

good thinking - thanks

--
dave @ stejonda

But remember to regularly water with Miracid or other chelating compound
unless you are already on acid soil, perhaps the pH is getting too high?

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 26-03-2003, 07:44 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Michael Berridge
writes
wrote:

I have several camellia. One which I planted several years ago is
currently flowering but the flowers seem to have got smaller each

year
I've had it. What am I doing wrong?

Bit of nitrogen in the spring/early summer for growth, then a bit of
potash mid/late summer to encourage the flower buds for next year.

good thinking - thanks

But remember to regularly water with Miracid or other chelating compound
unless you are already on acid soil, perhaps the pH is getting too high?

There's no yellowing of leaves (tho' a rhodo' 30ft away does get them
sometimes). I'm on London clay.