Old 23-03-2003, 12:32 PM
davout

Default Lawn leading down to stream - how to repair?

I have a quite large expanse of lawn that leads down a slope to a stream
that moves across the garden. This winter the grass in the six yards prior
to the stream was saturated and has suffered badly. There are now quiet a
few bald patches.

As a novice gardener I'm hoping somebody can help with advice about how to
treat this situation.

Do I reseed or buy new turf? This problem is likely to occur in future so
should i be looking for any special type of grass?

I'm in the Sussex/Kent borders area and we are still getting the occasional
frost. When should I start work on this?

Old 24-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Alan Holmes

"davout" wrote in message
I have a quite large expanse of lawn that leads down a slope to a stream
that moves across the garden. This winter the grass in the six yards prior
to the stream was saturated and has suffered badly. There are now quiet a
few bald patches.

As a novice gardener I'm hoping somebody can help with advice about how to
treat this situation.

Do I reseed or buy new turf? This problem is likely to occur in future so
should i be looking for any special type of grass?

Just leave it alone, the present grass will regrow. and next year it will be
damaged but the stream, then the next year it will regrow!

Don't waste time and money trying to change nature.

Alan