Old 23-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Little Badger

Default I'm burning tonight!

I've filled my incinerator with dry woody stems from my garden!
I won't be lighting it until about 10pm!

I hope there isn't too much smoke!

Wish me luck!

Badger
Old 23-03-2003, 05:56 PM
bnd777

Sure you are fully entitled to do it so whats the problem?
Do you have a neighbour who objects ?

Old 23-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Little Badger

No one really likes the smell of smoke!
The last attempts with my incinerator was smoke city!
Wouldn't want to smoke anyone out!

Badger

Old 24-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Little Badger

Guys
it didn't do so well! Plumes of thick white smoke bellowed out!
The items inside was dry as a bone!
When the incinerator really heated up then the smoked stopped!

I'm lighting it with the lid on, am I doing something wrong?

Badger

Old 25-03-2003, 09:44 AM
bigboard

Little Badger wrote:
Guys
it didn't do so well! Plumes of thick white smoke bellowed out!
The items inside was dry as a bone!
When the incinerator really heated up then the smoked stopped!

I'm lighting it with the lid on, am I doing something wrong?

Badger

"Little Badger"
wrote in message

Tell my incinerator that!

Badger

wrote in message
Sure you are fully entitled to do it so whats the problem?
Do you have a neighbour who objects ?

"Little Badger"
wrote in
message

I've filled my incinerator with dry woody stems from
my garden!
I won't be lighting it until about 10pm!

I hope there isn't too much smoke!

Wish me luck!

Badger

Burning woody material will always do this. No matter how dry the
material to be burned seems, there is always some moisture in it, and so
at the initial stages of burning there will always be a fair bit of
smoke. The best way to minimize it is to get as hot a fire going as
possible as quickly as possible. I would suggest leaving the lid off
until the fire is burning well throughout the material, then putting the
lid on. Once the fire is burning well, it will draw in plenty of oxygen
through the ventilation holes, but while the fire is still small you are
more likely to smother it.