GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fruit trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11404-fruit-trees.html)

R.Lewis 23-03-2003 10:32 PM

fruit trees

I am looking for 2 or three each of apple, pear and one other (plum?) fruit
tree but would like them to act as a bit of a screen toward the end of the
garden.
Consequently I seek large , quick growing, trees rather than the dwarfing
varieties offered by the garden centres.

What should I look/ ask for and where should I look/ask for them?

Thanks in anticipation

Technology Graphics 24-03-2003 02:08 PM

fruit trees

Hi,
I needed some apple trees last year which I bought from theses people,

http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/default.asp

I was very pleased with the advice that they gave and the trees that they
supplied.

Regards
James

Michael Berridge 24-03-2003 02:08 PM

fruit trees

R.Lewis wrote in message ...
I am looking for 2 or three each of apple, pear and one other (plum?)

fruit
tree but would like them to act as a bit of a screen toward the end of

the
garden.
Consequently I seek large , quick growing, trees rather than the

dwarfing
varieties offered by the garden centres.

What should I look/ ask for and where should I look/ask for them?

The dwarfing varieties still grow large, depends which rootstock they
are grown on. My grafted plums are 15 -16 feet high now and have to be
pruned back each year, they also grew quite quickly. Go to a garden
centre and ask them, tell them what you want.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk