Old 24-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Today Elinor has mostly been planting peas.....

Over the last few weeks Elinor (now almost 2y 1m) has been 'helping' me
plant various seeds.

All in the garden today (nanny and granddad visiting) doing various
things.

Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 24-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes
Over the last few weeks Elinor (now almost 2y 1m)

Good God. Is it over two years since the big event. Where have those
years gone!!!!!!!

Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)

Oh lucky you.
Mine never showed the slightest interest in anything even remotely
horticultural - apart from play in the garden and, in later years, lie
half naked in the sun !!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 24-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Martin Sykes

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...
Over the last few weeks Elinor (now almost 2y 1m) has been 'helping' me
plant various seeds.

All in the garden today (nanny and granddad visiting) doing various
things.

Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)

I'm impressed. When mine was two she took to regularly stuffing peas up her
nose. :-) Now she's 3, despite my best efforts, most of what's in the garden
is just something to be poked with a stick or chopped with the secateurs.
:-(

Martin

Old 24-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Judith Lea

In article , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes
Over the last few weeks Elinor (now almost 2y 1m)

Good God. Is it over two years since the big event. Where have those
years gone!!!!!!!

Scareeeee.

Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)

It only seems like yesterday that Helen was pregnant.

Oh lucky you.
Mine never showed the slightest interest in anything even remotely
horticultural - apart from play in the garden and, in later years, lie
half naked in the sun !!!!!!

Huh, mine still lay half naked in the sun.

--
Judith Lea
Old 24-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Beachcomber

Well done, I hope there is no poisonous 'stuff' to hand

--
You don't win
chess by knocking the board over.... you just end up not playing the

:

Old 24-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Rod

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...
Over the last few weeks Elinor (now almost 2y 1m) has been 'helping' me
plant various seeds.

All in the garden today (nanny and granddad visiting) doing various
things.

Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)

Hope they grow for her ;-))))

Rod

Old 26-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes
Over the last few weeks Elinor (now almost 2y 1m)

Good God. Is it over two years since the big event. Where have those
years gone!!!!!!!

Scareeeee.

Indeed it is. We're both glad that we haven't been working full item so
that we could enjoy it all as much as possible

Oh lucky you.
Mine never showed the slightest interest in anything even remotely
horticultural - apart from play in the garden and, in later years, lie
half naked in the sun !!!!!!

Huh, mine still lay half naked in the sun.

She isn't at the lying in the sun stage yet, would enjoy running around
in it naked though given half a chance :-)

She is very much in a stage of enjoying joining in anything we do at the
moment, washing up, emptying the dishwasher, joining in with DIY, all up
for grabs, making the best of it while we can.....

Though she has her own take on things:

http://www.familyfrench.co.uk/elinor...r03/210303.htm
Old 26-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Martin Sykes
writes
"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...
Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)

I'm impressed. When mine was two she took to regularly stuffing peas up her
nose. :-) Now she's 3, despite my best efforts, most of what's in the garden
is just something to be poked with a stick or chopped with the secateurs.
:-(

It's not all positive.

Elinor likes to show her appreciation of all the emerging flowers and
bulbs by pulling off the flower heads......
Old 26-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Rod
writes

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...

Elinor disappears into the shed, Nanny goes in to find that she has
climbed up onto the stool by the bench, found some peas in a packet and
is happily planting them into modules all by herself :-)

Hope they grow for her ;-))))

They will probably grow better than the ones I planted.