Old 24-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Victoria Clare

Default tree lupins and slugs

I've been growing blue tree lupins from seed. I was hoping they might
prove more slug-resistant than the small ones, but when I moved the young
plants into the greenhouse last yearat about 3-4 inches tall, they were
still slug-magnets. :-(

The survivor (back in the house) is now about 2 feet tall. Any guesses as
to how big I should let it get before risking it again? There must be an
optimum size, because the people down the road have a yellow one growing in
a hedge that has to be vigorously pruned!

Victoria