GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato Feed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11454-tomato-feed.html)

Charlie 24-03-2003 02:44 PM

Tomato Feed

Is this stuff ok as a general fertilizer or should I go out and spend more
money on another? I was wondering, because it says it can be used on
peppers, so I wondered if it could be used for all vegetables.

Thanks!

Charlie.

--
www.lowfidelity.org.uk
RCTQ Double Princess of Britain

---

Little Badger 24-03-2003 07:56 PM

Tomato Feed

Charlie
I've always used B&Q own make tomato feed on all my chillies with great
success!

Badger

Martin Sykes 24-03-2003 08:08 PM

Tomato Feed

"Charlie" wrote in message
Is this stuff ok as a general fertilizer or should I go out and spend more
money on another? I was wondering, because it says it can be used on
peppers, so I wondered if it could be used for all vegetables.

I've used it succesfully on peppers but I think the NPK mix is wrong for
most other veg and you'll get too much of the wrong sort of growth. I did
use it as well on my hanging baskets though and they grew like crazy with
masses of flower.

Martin

Michael Berridge 25-03-2003 11:32 PM

Tomato Feed

Charlie wrote in message ...
Is this stuff ok as a general fertilizer or should I go out and spend

more
money on another? I was wondering, because it says it can be used on
peppers, so I wondered if it could be used for all vegetables.

Thanks!

Tomato feed is good for making veg fruit and flower better, it also
works well on fuschias for flowering. For earlier growth you need a
general purpose feed, but when the first truss of fruits has set then
you should change to Tomato feed, and the same for other similar veg.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Ophelia 26-03-2003 11:08 AM

Tomato Feed

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Charlie wrote in message ...
Is this stuff ok as a general fertilizer or should I go out and spend

more
money on another? I was wondering, because it says it can be used on
peppers, so I wondered if it could be used for all vegetables.

Thanks!

Tomato feed is good for making veg fruit and flower better, it also
works well on fuschias for flowering. For earlier growth you need a
general purpose feed, but when the first truss of fruits has set then
you should change to Tomato feed, and the same for other similar veg.

Do you have an opinion on Miracle Food.? I fell for the blurb for the first
time:)

david 26-03-2003 11:44 PM

Tomato Feed

I have found that Miracle Grow gives a very marked increase in the colour of
dahlias, quite a marked increase in the density of the colour.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Ophelia 27-03-2003 07:56 AM

Tomato Feed

"david" wrote in message
I have found that Miracle Grow gives a very marked increase in the colour

of
dahlias, quite a marked increase in the density of the colour.

Hmmm interesting.. thank you David