GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Broad Bean Problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11658-broad-bean-problems.html)

The Gorilla 25-03-2003 08:08 PM

Broad Bean Problems

Hi,

We planted some broad beans last autumn.
They are sat looking some what eaten and retarded!!

Close inspection reveals Pea and Bean Weavil.
If I spray with the relevant insecticide will they recover or are
we wasting our time?? Each plant has a heavy infestation!

Regards
Ged n Leigh

Rod 25-03-2003 08:20 PM

Broad Bean Problems

"The Gorilla" the wrote in message ...
Hi,

We planted some broad beans last autumn.
They are sat looking some what eaten and retarded!!

Close inspection reveals Pea and Bean Weavil.
If I spray with the relevant insecticide will they recover or are
we wasting our time?? Each plant has a heavy infestation!

They should be OK once the growing season starts in earnest. Some weevil damage is normal but the young plants should
grow faster than the weevils can eat them.

Rod