GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Favourite Hedera? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/11677-re-favourite-hedera.html)

Janet Baraclough 25-03-2003 10:20 PM

Favourite Hedera?

The message 1fsdvny.d0loec2fnz0gN%00senetnospam@macunlimited. net
from (Jim W) contains these words:

Hi all,.. I am looking at getting one or 2 more interesting ivies.
Cultivated, smaller leaved 'tamer' kinds if you like.

I know people have mixed feelings about the stuff but wondered if any
URGlers had favourites cultivars of H. helix?

Goldheart .

Butter-yellow variegated dark green, glossy, healthy, clings
well,climbs well, flowers well (if you like autumn ivy flowers for
insects which I do) and long lived.

Janet.

Sacha 06-04-2003 10:20 AM

Favourite Hedera?

in article 1fsyhqo.1j8jfde12llpv4N%00senetnospam@macunlimited .net, Jim W at
wrote on 5/4/03 8:00 pm:

Janet Baraclough wrote:

snip
Goldheart .

Butter-yellow variegated dark green, glossy, healthy, clings
well,climbs well, flowers well (if you like autumn ivy flowers for
insects which I do) and long lived.

Janet.

Thanks for that.. I think it might be a bit vigorous for my needs, but
I've taken a good look through the cultivars available from the Nat
Collection and made a selection from that.

I actually have a cutting of a Hedera that is very much like you
describe so it could well be it. And it was taken from a heavily
flowering mature specimen absolutly covered in bees. I wanted adult
wood for the cuttings.

Paddy's Pride is good, too, if you can find a pic of that.
--
Sacha

Roy 06-04-2003 08:56 PM

Favourite Hedera?

Hi
I have a "goldheart" growing over my shed it's really beautiful and now
flowers and berries profusely.
A picture of it with cultural details is on my website at the following
link.
http://www.asmallwildlifegarden.co.uk/
under the plants link.

Roy

Janet Baraclough 07-04-2003 03:32 AM

Favourite Hedera?

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Paddy's Pride is good, too, if you can find a pic of that.

It has lovely leaves, but I never managed to persuade mine to stick to
the shed it was supposed to cover. It crawled around on the ground for
several years, not even managing to root into the soil. Has anyone else
found this?

Janet