Old 30-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Dan

Default Seeding a lawn

Hi,

Can anyone point me towards any advice about seeding a lawn?

Also do I trust that the box says it does 10m2? Will 2 boxes definately
cover 17m2?

I found a few sites and hints, but the one real question is how do i stop
the birds eating the seed? Or isnt this really a problem?

Thanks!
Dan

--

www.dankeeley.co.uk

Old 30-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Tumbleweed

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone point me towards any advice about seeding a lawn?

Also do I trust that the box says it does 10m2? Will 2 boxes definately
cover 17m2?

I found a few sites and hints, but the one real question is how do i stop
the birds eating the seed? Or isnt this really a problem?

IME birds arent a problem. Dunno about the quantity though but its probably
impossible to spread as thinly and evenly as done in tests using a machine.
No offence meant, but it must depend how heavy handed you are :-)

Why not try say 1/4 the area with 1/2 box, and if that looks too thin, get
another box and redo the 1/4 you already did. (Probably better than doing it
all and then having to tread all over it to scatter another boxes worth)
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)

Old 31-03-2003, 09:56 AM
pied piper

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
"Dan" wrote in message
[...]

use both boxes you will not get a problem with overseeding as i doubt you

will get %100 germination make sure you cover the seed with the soil as the
birds will eat the seed thats uncovered or even better try getting a
germination sheet to cover the area also once your grass starts germinating
keep it watered

Re-seeding my lawn: no visible growth after 16 days! Keith Brown United Kingdom 6 08-04-2009 11:50 PM
lawn seeding? Ni North Carolina 1 03-11-2003 09:33 PM
Lawn Seeding Thrill Gardening 1 05-10-2003 05:32 PM
Slit seeding over new lawn??? John Murphy Lawns 4 06-08-2003 03:32 AM
Seeding lawn v turf - what type Geoff Australia 5 05-04-2003 07:35 AM