GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Papa Meilland rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/123479-papa-meilland-rose.html)

[email protected] 10-02-2006 09:32 PM

Papa Meilland rose

Hi
Am looking for a stockist or grower preferably in Cumbria who stock the
above rose.
We used to have this rose as a child so its a memory thing!!

We have just moved to Cumbria and would like to plant a couple.

I have searched via google and only find a couple of growers and they
are very expensive, maybe because its an old rose.

Would be grateful for any email - am prepared to travel around Cumbria
or the borders, have tried Hayes in the lakes but they tell me that
they dont stock this rose any more.

Thanks in advance.

Les

Janet Tweedy 14-02-2006 11:29 AM

Papa Meilland rose

In article . com,
" writes
Hi
Am looking for a stockist or grower preferably in Cumbria who stock the
above rose.
We used to have this rose as a child so its a memory thing!!

Why not order it from Peter Beales? They are one of the leading rose
growers and sellers and chances are a garden centre will have bought
their plants in from someone like that!

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/roses/..._meilland.html

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

Janet Galpin 14-02-2006 02:15 PM

Papa Meilland rose

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

In article . com,
" writes
Hi
Am looking for a stockist or grower preferably in Cumbria who stock the
above rose.
We used to have this rose as a child so its a memory thing!!

Why not order it from Peter Beales? They are one of the leading rose
growers and sellers and chances are a garden centre will have bought
their plants in from someone like that!

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/roses/..._meilland.html

If you try RHS Plant Finder, you will find there are 6 nurseries in the
whole country which stock Papa Meilland, but none of them is in the
north. Janet's suggestion of mail order seems an excellent idea.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...s.asp?ID=97869

Janet G

[email protected] 15-02-2006 09:24 AM

Papa Meilland rose