GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   gardening design software (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/123492-gardening-design-software.html)

Keith Hampson 12-02-2006 01:05 PM

gardening design software

I have just bought a new house and have a plain back garden, can anyone
recommend some software I can use to design how I want my garden to look on
my pc.

Regards Keith

Rupert 12-02-2006 01:42 PM

gardening design software

"Keith Hampson" wrote in message
I have just bought a new house and have a plain back garden, can anyone
recommend some software I can use to design how I want my garden to look
on
my pc.

Regards Keith

I have seen a few bits of software that you could pass as useful but they
are not cheap.
This link may be of use;-
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqsoftw.htm

JennyC 12-02-2006 01:58 PM

gardening design software

"Keith Hampson" wrote in message
I have just bought a new house and have a plain back garden, can anyone
recommend some software I can use to design how I want my garden to look on
my pc.

Regards Keith

This question comes up regularly here :~)
The general consensus is that pen and paper is the best method :~))

However "garden design software test" :
http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle...d=100008 &p=1

This one has a free trial version :
http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/la...ck.asp?id=1094

Jenny

p.k. 12-02-2006 02:04 PM

gardening design software

Keith Hampson wrote:
I have just bought a new house and have a plain back garden, can
anyone recommend some software I can use to design how I want my
garden to look on my pc.

Regards Keith

Softwa A piece of paper

Hardwa A pencil

plus a moodboard of magazine clippings & your own digital camera shots

pk

Rusty Hinge 2 12-02-2006 04:30 PM

gardening design software

The message
from "Keith Hampson" contains these words:

I have just bought a new house and have a plain back garden, can anyone
recommend some software I can use to design how I want my garden to look on
my pc.

A piece of hardboard cut to shape and covered with either green baize or
that sticky-backed Fablon-type of baize, a small amount of soil-coloured
baize for beds, cardboard items cut to scale, and ask about model plants
in a model railway group.

Move them all about until you think you're satisfied, then view them
from base level.

I have never seen a decent garden design program for PC. I've not seen
one which copes with slopes or irregular humps/depresions, either.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Colin Hammond 12-02-2006 05:24 PM

gardening design software

"Keith Hampson" wrote in message
I have just bought a new house and have a plain back garden, can anyone
recommend some software I can use to design how I want my garden to look
on
my pc.

Regards Keith

The whole trouble with using pen and paper alone is that you finish up with
a design that looks good from a helicopter. I've seen a lot of gardens like
that. My tip is to first decide where you want your garden to look best from
and mark out proposed shubs borders etc with sticks and see what it looks
like. then transfer to paper.
Colin

Gardening_Convert 13-02-2006 09:34 AM

gardening design software

there is a free one on the BBC gardening website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/desig...en_index.shtml