GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/123531-lawn-problem.html)

spiker 14-02-2006 04:20 PM

Lawn Problem

I had a new lawn laid in October (Turf). I didn't do anything to it and it seemed to take root. However after the first frost, the grass went flat. It always seemed to be wet so I didn't cut it. Then squirrels and various nocturnal animals constantly walked on it. Now I have a patchwork of brown and green and alot of the turfs don't seem to have
taken root,

What I should do?

Should I cut it? Should I wait til Spring and cut it? Should I rake it

I'd be most grateful for advice

turf doc 15-02-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiker
I had a new lawn laid in October (Turf). I didn't do anything to it and it seemed to take root. However after the first frost, the grass went flat. It always seemed to be wet so I didn't cut it. Then squirrels and various nocturnal animals constantly walked on it. Now I have a patchwork of brown and green and alot of the turfs don't seem to have
taken root,

What I should do?

Should I cut it? Should I wait til Spring and cut it? Should I rake it

I'd be most grateful for advice

You could have been suffering from a disease just leave it and have faith in the spring flush. Cut it regular once it starts to grow and maybe feed it with some organic fert, something like a 8-10-8

turf doc 15-02-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turf doc
You could have been suffering from a disease just leave it and have faith in the spring flush. Cut it regular once it starts to grow and maybe feed it with some organic fert, something like a 8-10-8

P.S raking once it starts to grow especially in the dead patches and maybe forking it as well ,won't hert

Emma T 16-02-2006 11:23 AM

Lawn Problem

Hi there!

This sounds really familiar - I posted a message about this at the
weekends. I can't offer any advice but the guy who laid my lawn is
coming round at the weekend to take a look so if he has any useful tips
I will pass them on.

Emma