GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rubbish help - poss OT (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/123727-rubbish-help-poss-ot.html)

H Ryder 21-02-2006 01:00 PM

rubbish help - poss OT

Is there an easy way (in outlook express) to delete all the rubbish which
regularly appears each school holiday? The only way that I know is to
individually click to "ignore" each one but there are too many. TIA,
Hayley

Rupert 21-02-2006 01:53 PM

rubbish help - poss OT

"H Ryder" wrote in message
Is there an easy way (in outlook express) to delete all the rubbish which
regularly appears each school holiday? The only way that I know is to
individually click to "ignore" each one but there are too many. TIA,
Hayley

There are several different ways to deal with the problem in O/E.

Click on any message in the list Edit(on ribbon bar above toolbar) Select
allEdit delete.
Net result is the lots gone .

You can be more selective if you wish by highlighting the first duff
message-
shift button and down arrow until you have selected as many as you want
EditDelete

You can also create a Rule to delete all post bigger than 40 (or whatever)
lines .Reset the folder using the maintenance options and reload the folder.

Have a play around

Rusty Hinge 2 21-02-2006 09:49 PM

rubbish help - poss OT

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
"H Ryder" wrote in message

Is there an easy way (in outlook express) to delete all the rubbish which
regularly appears each school holiday? The only way that I know is to
individually click to "ignore" each one but there are too many. TIA,

There are several different ways to deal with the problem in O/E.

Click on any message in the list Edit(on ribbon bar above toolbar)
Select

allEdit delete.
Net result is the lots gone .

You can be more selective if you wish by highlighting the first duff
message-
shift button and down arrow until you have selected as many as you want
EditDelete

You can also create a Rule to delete all post bigger than 40 (or whatever)
lines .Reset the folder using the maintenance options and reload the folder.

Have a play around

I wonder if Hayley is talking about the flood of rubbish which some prat
tried to dump in the group, but most servers filtered out?

It seems to have been a one-off exercise.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Rusty Hinge 2 21-02-2006 09:50 PM

rubbish help - poss OT

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

I do it the other way round. Read, and /or reply to what's not
rubbish (easy enough to detect by header/author) then delete the whole
previous download. I don't often get a recurrence because my isp is
quick on the uptake.

'Cos I sent Paul an emu with a selection of headers...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig