GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Regional rosebush pruning time variations ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/123770-regional-rosebush-pruning-time-variations.html)

Uncle-C 22-02-2006 01:59 PM

Regional rosebush pruning time variations ?

Hi folks. I've been reading much material wrt to which time of year
would be best to prune my rosebush (non climber , non-rambling). I came
across an interesting chart which showed that different regions in the
UK would benefit from different pruning times. I pruned very late Mar
last year, would the same be applicable this year as I am thinking of
pruning early Mar hoping to maybe have a better bloom. Most of the
literature says prune when the first buds appear and the risk of hard
frost / cold has gone so no damage is done to tender shoots after
pruning. Have any Urglers experimented with variations in pruning dates
and what were the results ?
The sun seems to have disappeared after making a brief appearance last
week ! Please come back soon !!!
Thanks !

Uncle C

Chalky High Wycombe, South Bucks ( a miserable 4 degrees C. this
morning).