Old 22-02-2006, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle-C

Default Regional rosebush pruning time variations ?

Hi folks. I've been reading much material wrt to which time of year
would be best to prune my rosebush (non climber , non-rambling). I came
across an interesting chart which showed that different regions in the
UK would benefit from different pruning times. I pruned very late Mar
last year, would the same be applicable this year as I am thinking of
pruning early Mar hoping to maybe have a better bloom. Most of the
literature says prune when the first buds appear and the risk of hard
frost / cold has gone so no damage is done to tender shoots after
pruning. Have any Urglers experimented with variations in pruning dates
and what were the results ?
The sun seems to have disappeared after making a brief appearance last
week ! Please come back soon !!!
Thanks !

Uncle C

Chalky High Wycombe, South Bucks ( a miserable 4 degrees C. this
morning).

I reversed over my rosebush Rhiannon Macfie Miller United Kingdom 16 15-03-2005 06:24 PM
hearty rosebush KrisW Roses 1 21-09-2003 11:43 PM
Parched rosebush NBeckm1186 United Kingdom 0 29-06-2003 11:21 PM
Starting a new climbing rosebush Rose Roses 38 19-06-2003 03:20 PM