GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Power Scythe (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/12379-power-scythe.html)

John H Wood 31-03-2003 12:44 AM

Power Scythe

Anyone have experience with any make of modern power (motor) scythe. I
did use an old Mayfield for several years, but can't get a new cutting
bar.
John
East Devon

Remove "s" from upslyme when replying.

Simon Avery 31-03-2003 06:20 PM

Power Scythe

(John H Wood) wrote:

Hello John

JHW Anyone have experience with any make of modern power (motor)
JHW scythe. I did use an old Mayfield for several years, but
JHW can't get a new cutting bar. John East Devon

Can't help with modern ones, newest one I've used was a 1980
pedestrian flail...

BUT, if you have a local forge/blacksmith they may be able to make up
a new cutter bar for your Mayfield if you've enough of the last one to
use as a pattern.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK Ý
http://www.digdilem.org/