Old 31-03-2003, 05:56 PM
paul.bennett

Default Sowing Lawn - Staffordshire Area

It is OK to sow lawn seed in this area at the moment (Midlands Area). If
its frosty at night, will this kill the seed (or if grass has come through,
kill the new growth?) Some advice would be much appreciated.

Old 31-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Emrys Davies

'paul',

I live in the West Midlands (Solihull) and like you I am waiting to sow
lawn seed. At the moment I am preparing the ground, having dug it over
last autumn and I intend to sow the seed in about two weeks time
providing the weather is reasonably mild. It is definitely too cold at
the present time.

Once you have sown it is important that you keep the surface of the soil
moist at all times until the seeds have germinated and got fairly well
established. Use a fine spray.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

sowing a lawn Dan Welch United Kingdom 0 05-02-2005 08:30 PM
Sowing phalaenopsis ; sowing medium question Aaron Hicks Orchids 4 03-11-2004 01:54 AM
Hard landscaper for North Staffordshire Broadback United Kingdom 0 26-07-2004 09:02 AM
lawn sowing Richard United Kingdom 3 20-05-2003 12:32 PM
Lawn sowing Richard United Kingdom 8 09-05-2003 08:56 AM