GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brassica Seedling problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/12587-brassica-seedling-problems.html)

01-04-2003 08:56 PM

Brassica Seedling problems

I am having problems growing brassica seedlings in my
extension/conservatory (2 big windows ytem 20+

They sprout just fine and grow to an inch and a half/two inches high

Then they stop growing (just as the second set of leaves is emerging),
start falling to an angle and the leaves start to curl up and die and I
am left with a stork at 60 degrees with dead leaves on top of it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Beachcomber 01-04-2003 11:56 PM

Brassica Seedling problems

depends where u r but here in Plymouth, as soon as they germinate they go
outdoors, otherwise they are getting forced too much and they get laggy and
useless

--
praise the lord and pass the ammunition

:

Alan Gould 02-04-2003 06:56 AM

Brassica Seedling problems

In article , writes
I am having problems growing brassica seedlings in my
extension/conservatory (2 big windows ytem 20+

They sprout just fine and grow to an inch and a half/two inches high

Then they stop growing (just as the second set of leaves is emerging),
start falling to an angle and the leaves start to curl up and die and I
am left with a stork at 60 degrees with dead leaves on top of it.

What am I doing wrong?

One possibility is too rapid germination or too rapid immediate post
germination growth leaving the seedling plant weaker than it should be.
Over temperature, over watering or over feeding can cause that problem.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.