Old 02-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Annabel

Default "City Gardener" last night and Miscanthus

What was the very tall miscanthus he showed on the program last night.

Bell

Old 02-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Jack

Darn, I missed it last night. Do you know if it's on again and what
channel? Was it any good?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"Annabel" wrote in message
What was the very tall miscanthus he showed on the program last

night.

Bell

I enjoyed the programme and thought the presenter had promise, BUT he
gabbled the names of the plants and they didn't come up on screen. I
missed several things that interested me. He tried to do too much too
quickly.

Iris McCanna

Old 02-04-2003, 01:20 PM
jane

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:03:14 +0100, "Jack" wrote:

~Darn, I missed it last night. Do you know if it's on again and what
~channel? Was it any good?
~
well I didn't turn off halfway like I did the Plantsman (the
presentation of which I found ghastly beyond reason).
He's similar, but not as extreme and the plants thankfully stay in
focus. Don't watch the titles if you get headaches though - dizzying!

They discussed costing the makeover, plants that could survive a guy
who seems to have a large stock of agent orange and the work was done
by mates who'd been roped in. Quite fun, really.

Definitely liked him better than the Plantsman. WIll watch again if I
remember it's on.

To answer Bell's original question:
http://www.channel4.com/life/microsi...er_ep1_01.html
miscanthus sacchariflorus (Amur Silver Grass)

good luck

jane

~Thanks
~
~

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!
Old 02-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Annabel

"jane" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:03:14 +0100, "Jack" wrote:

~Darn, I missed it last night. Do you know if it's on again and what
~channel? Was it any good?
~
well I didn't turn off halfway like I did the Plantsman (the
presentation of which I found ghastly beyond reason).
He's similar, but not as extreme and the plants thankfully stay in
focus. Don't watch the titles if you get headaches though - dizzying!

They discussed costing the makeover, plants that could survive a guy
who seems to have a large stock of agent orange and the work was done
by mates who'd been roped in. Quite fun, really.

Definitely liked him better than the Plantsman. WIll watch again if I
remember it's on.

To answer Bell's original question:

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsi...ogrammes/cgard
ener_ep1_01.html
miscanthus sacchariflorus (Amur Silver Grass)

good luck

jane

Jane, Thanks

Jack, Channel 4

Old 02-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:13:07 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:

Darn, I missed it last night. Do you know if it's on again and what
~channel? Was it any good?
~

www.channel4.com
The gardening programme is on the first page.

Happy gardening
Pam in Bristol
pamdotmoore@virgindotnet
Bristol