GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Some seed merchants .... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/12723-some-seed-merchants.html)

Steve Harris 02-04-2003 07:56 PM

Some seed merchants ....

Next door's lad admired my sunflowers last year and pestered Mum to do
his own this year. A couple of days ago, I saw them putting the seeds in
the ground. I muttered about shouldn't they really go in pots indoors
because of frost, squirrels, etc. but apparently the instruction say
that's not necessary.

This morning, the kid looks out of the window and shriek! the local grey
squirrels are feasting :-(

Wire grills are now over the pot but I expect it's too late.

Ophelia 02-04-2003 08:44 PM

Some seed merchants ....

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
Next door's lad admired my sunflowers last year and pestered Mum to do
his own this year. A couple of days ago, I saw them putting the seeds in
the ground. I muttered about shouldn't they really go in pots indoors
because of frost, squirrels, etc. but apparently the instruction say
that's not necessary.

This morning, the kid looks out of the window and shriek! the local grey
squirrels are feasting :-(

Wire grills are now over the pot but I expect it's too late.

Awwwwwwwwwwww give the wee laddie some help. You could set him off on a
lifetime of growing:))

Ophelia
Scotland

IP 02-04-2003 10:08 PM

Some seed merchants ....

What is it with squirrels, I live next to a wood but the little B***** still
come in the garden to eat my Strawberrys and grapes. And they pick on my Cat
who is scared to go out when they are about.
At My parents (Near Cheltenham) they dig up their rear lawn every year.

Im getting sorely tempted to try the River cottage recipie....

Ian P

Zizz 02-04-2003 11:44 PM

Some seed merchants ....

"IP" wrote in message
snipped
Im getting sorely tempted to try the River cottage recipie....

Ian P

snipped

Squirrel and hazelnut pie??

Chris French and Helen Johnson 03-04-2003 12:56 AM

Some seed merchants ....

In message , IP
writes
What is it with squirrels, I live next to a wood but the little B***** still
come in the garden to eat my Strawberrys and grapes.

I do enjoy the antics of the squirrels in the garden, but I was a bit
p***** Off when I found out it was one of them nicking the nectarines
off the tree I have in a pot......

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

bigboard 03-04-2003 10:44 AM

Some seed merchants ....

Zizz wrote:
"IP" wrote in message
snipped

Im getting sorely tempted to try the River cottage recipie....

Ian P

snipped

Squirrel and hazelnut pie??

No, it's squirrel satay!

Alan Holmes 10-04-2003 11:44 PM

Some seed merchants ....

"IP" wrote in message
What is it with squirrels, I live next to a wood but the little B*****

still
come in the garden to eat my Strawberrys and grapes. And they pick on my

Cat
who is scared to go out when they are about.
At My parents (Near Cheltenham) they dig up their rear lawn every year.

Im getting sorely tempted to try the River cottage recipie....

Get a 'Mink/Rat' trap from Mole Valley Farmers and dispose of the things!

Alan