Old 26-02-2006, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin

Default Clematis & Chilean Glory Vine Seeds

Help needed for a new gardener,

I sowed some Geranium, Clematis and some Chilean Glory Vine (CGV) seeds
about 3 weeks ago.

The Geranium are in the kitchen which is quite warm and started to grow
within 3 days (I now have 9 little babies from 21 seeds).

The Clematis and CGV seeds are in the window, in a bedroom which is a bit
cooler (probably between 15C and 18C. Both are in John Innes seed compost,
the Clematis having a light covering of compost and the CGV being on top as
directed by the packet. Each evening they seem quite dry so I give them some
water from a plant sprayer to keep them moist.

There is no sign of life yet. Am I being too impatient? Am I doing the right
thing? I would love to see these growing up trellis round the patio that I
haven't got yet!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Martin