GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Apple Tree moving (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/13470-apple-tree-moving.html)

Ophelia 05-04-2003 10:32 AM

Apple Tree moving

I have a James Greive in a bad spot. I wish to move it. Is now a good time
and should I prune it? If so, how hard. It is a few years old and has
never done much. Just a few wee apples.

Ophelia

Liveforthelittlejoys 05-04-2003 02:44 PM

Apple Tree moving

--
praise the lord and pass the ammunition
"Ophelia" wrote in message
: I have a James Greive in a bad spot. I wish to move it. Is now a good
time
: and should I prune it? If so, how hard. It is a few years old and has
: never done much. Just a few wee apples.
:
: Ophelia
:
:
:
:

Liveforthelittlejoys 05-04-2003 02:44 PM

Apple Tree moving

It's too late now I would say as it has well and truly started into the
years growth. The pruning is best done in winter

Sue & Bob Hobden 05-04-2003 09:56 PM

Apple Tree moving

? wrote in message ...
It's too late now I would say as it has well and truly started into the
years growth. The pruning is best done in winter

I would tend to agree, however we moved two Gooseberry bushes last week
which were coming into leaf (cleared all the dirt off the roots, couch
grass!) and they don't look as if they even know, watered them in very well
and every day for the last week.
So if it's in a bad spot for your garden and not a good cropper anyway give
it a go, not much loss if it dies anyway.
It's got two chances! :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Ophelia 06-04-2003 08:56 AM

Apple Tree moving

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message

? wrote in message ...
It's too late now I would say as it has well and truly started into the
years growth. The pruning is best done in winter

I would tend to agree, however we moved two Gooseberry bushes last week
which were coming into leaf (cleared all the dirt off the roots, couch
grass!) and they don't look as if they even know, watered them in very

well
and every day for the last week.
So if it's in a bad spot for your garden and not a good cropper anyway

give
it a go, not much loss if it dies anyway.
It's got two chances! :-)

Hehe you are quite right of course:)

Thanks

O :)