GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sonar mole repellants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/136582-sonar-mole-repellants.html)

david thorpe 01-03-2006 08:05 PM

Sonar mole repellants

I was recently advised to combat moles with 'humane' repellants. I
tried. You can see how effective these things are at:
www.dthorpe.net/viewing/

La Puce 01-03-2006 09:29 PM

Sonar mole repellants

david thorpe wrote:
I was recently advised to combat moles with 'humane' repellants. I
tried. You can see how effective these things are at:
www.dthorpe.net/viewing/

LOL!!!
I have heard recently that they don't like mussels shells. The strong
smell drives them away ... to your neighbours. Have you tried?

Tugger 02-03-2006 11:41 AM

Sonar mole repellants

I tried the following humane methods

1. cane shoved into mole-hill with plastic bottle on the top - theoretically
produces random vibrations when its windy which they don't like ... looks
unsightly ... seemed to work.

2. human urine - fill any old bottles you've got, make a hole in the top of
the mole hill then just pour it in ... this worked very well.

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

[email protected] 02-03-2006 04:52 PM

Sonar mole repellants

Tugger wrote:
I tried the following humane methods
1. cane shoved into mole-hill with plastic bottle on the top - theoretically
produces random vibrations when its windy which they don't like ... looks
unsightly ... seemed to work.
2. human urine - fill any old bottles you've got, make a hole in the top of
the mole hill then just pour it in ... this worked very well.

Point 1. would be the same problem that the OP found - noise/vibration
didn't help much for him it seemed.

Point 2. Well, if you have boys, it could become a great game. However,
I remember as a kid that the moles became used to the smell and didn't
bother moving.

btw, I'm La Puce, but needed to change my address because I started
getting lots of spam and more to the point unecessary emails ...

Sorry for the confusion gardening people :o)